Tuesday 18 November 2014

God's faithfulness! - Eva Update

God provides! God provides! God provides!

Trust Him.

Just Trust.

Wow, I'm incredibly blown away by how God has provided for Eva... this is the first update I am giving of the amount that people have pledged or given and it is already up to $700 for Eva's surgery!!! That is incredible, fantastic, amazing!

Just a week or two ago, I sat down for coffee with a friend and asked him if I could share with a certain group of people we like to call "DRIMERS". Eva herself is a DRIMER and I just wanted to share her story with the DRIME family so that we could pray for the need of a fellow sister in Christ. At that point the amount that was raised for Eva was around $300. (Not to mention the blessings I felt leading up to that $300. Each person informing me that this was the amount that was placed on their heart to give)

Last night, when I was able to share her story with them, I was able to inform them that we have raised $620 towards that goal.

Coming in I expected that people wouldn't be giving today because, first of all, who carries cash these days? I know I don't! Secondly, they had no idea I was coming to share this with them. And thirdly, I know the cost of being a student is high, so there often isn't left over for extra things like this.

However, I'm reminded again and again and again that it doesn't matter what we have, who we are or what way we are expected to act. God can use us despite any limitations we put on ourselves. And he used his people tonight.

God's heart was in that room, and I could see it in people's eyes as I shared - they were touched deeply by this need and this story.

And I was touched too. From the moment one girl bravely decided to raise her hand and say, "Can we give right now?," others joined with her and still others shared their hearts to give.

To be honest, I'm very much a planner and I usually prepare what I'm going to say, but tonight I didn't. I basically said, "God, you've got this," and I shared from my heart.

I'm blown away by God's provision... I truly, truly am!

You can see the updated amount on the thermometer - we are so close! God will provide. I know He will.

***Housekeeping Note*** I will be sending whatever amount of money comes in for Eva to her at the end of November. (And I know that will be the exact amount she needs) Therefore, if you are sending me anything for her by mail, please post-mark the envelope no later than Monday, November 24th, 2014 so it will reach me in time. Or if you are giving it to me in person, please make sure I have that by Friday, November 28th, 2014.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY GIVEN!
 May God Bless you as you come alongside Eva in her journey.

4 comments:

  1. How can I send you the check? I'd like to cover the final amount needed to reach the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magi! That's wonderful; bless your heart! Are you no longer on facebook? I was going to message you the address. Shoot me an email at: samantha.pasielski@gmail.com and I'll let you know how we can connect. :)

    ReplyDelete