Sunday 22 May 2011

2 weeks in counting...

So here is just a quick post to update you all that I HAVE A BLOG!!!

Why do I have a blog? So YOU can keep updated with the happenings of my trip!

I leave not next Sunday but the Sunday after that. June 5th @ 1:50pm and I will be living in Bangkok, Thailand with Janna for 6 months! We come back on December 3rd, 2011! If you don't know why I'm going... I'm planting a DRIME Base in Thailand. DRIME, which stands for Disciples Ready in Mobile Evangelism, is the ministry that I'm involved in over here. It is a ministry that incorporates choreographed drama set to music as a tool to get into spiritual conversations. Essentially it's a visual representation of the love of Jesus Christ. Janna and I will be starting up the ministry of DRIME in Bangkok, Thailand!

Some prayer requests in the next couple weeks:
I'm feeling rather nervous in just what I have to do before I leave: pack, wrap things up back home, appointments and training. It's kinda hitting me that this is my reality for 6 months and there really is only a few days until I get on that plane. So just prayer for a peace and a sense of "finishing" things up here that need to be finished at home so that the excitement of a "new beginning" over in Thailand starts shining through!
Prayer for God's provision (as He has definitely been showing me... I'm just about two/thirds of the way to my goal) pray that the rest of the money that I need to live in Thailand for 6 months comes in. As I know it will. Thank you for providing! And thank you guys for your support as well!
Prayer for safety in our traveling and for God to be preparing the grounds for us in Thailand and preparing leaders hearts. And prayer for a special bond of unity between Janna and I. <3

And THANKS for reading my FIRST BLOG POST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment